The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham's Community Planning Department provides community planning services for the Member Governments of Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker Counties. The Community Planning Department seeks to develop viable places by promoting integrated approaches to planning for the betterment of the communities the RPCGB serves.
- Bessemer - Master Plan
- Birmingham - City Center One Way Street Conversion
- Birmingham - Collegeville Plan and Access Study
- Birmingham - Concept Feasibility for I-20/59 Lowering
- Birmingham - Fountain Heights 16th Street Corridor Plan
- Birmingham - Highland Park Neighborhood Assessment and Zoning Code Review
- Calera - Comprehensive Plan Update
- Chelsea - Major Street Plan, Zoning Ordinance and subdivision Regulation Update; Smart Code Overlay
- Fairfield - Comprehensive Plan
- Five Mile Creek - Strategic Plan for Implementation of the Trail Location Study
- Graysville – Master Plan Update
- Graysville - Form Based Code
- Irondale - U.S. 78 Corridor Study
- Leeds - Master Plan
- Montevallo - Development Regulations
- Vestavia Hills - Cahaba Heights Neighborhood Plan
- Vestavia Hills - U.S. 31 Redevelopment Plan
- Vestavia Hills - Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulation Update
Community Planning department provides a variety of services for member governments, including comprehensive community and county planning, downtown revitalization and neighborhood strategic planning, and Regional Mainstreet Programs. It also provides mapping and data services to our member governments. Read More »
Community planning can help manage change in your community in a way that provides better choices for how people live, work and play.
Community planning can help to improve and protect the natural environment while encouraging creative, quality land development to promote the health, safety and welfare of our citizens.
Community planning provides opportunities through the public process for all residents to be meaningfully involved in making choices that determine the future of their communities.
- Brownfields Task Force to Host Exhibit Booth at Conference... April 18, 2013 11:15 AM
- Birmingham Pop-Up Shops Spur Economic Activity... March 5, 2013 2:24 PM
- West Homewood Revitalization Plan is Underway... December 13, 2012 1:59 PM
- Leeds to seek funding for lighting at exit 144 on Interstate 20 through MPO December 5, 2012 10:34 AM
- U.S. 31 Redevelopment Plan Released... November 15, 2012 3:26 PM