The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham's Community Planning Department provides community planning services for the Member Governments of Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair and Walker Counties. The Community Planning Department seeks to develop viable places by promoting integrated approaches to planning for the betterment of the communities the RPCGB serves.
- Bessemer - Master Plan
- Birmingham - City Center One Way Street Conversion
- Birmingham - Collegeville Plan and Access Study
- Birmingham - Concept Feasibility for I-20/59 Lowering
- Birmingham - Fountain Heights 16th Street Corridor Plan
- Birmingham - Highland Park Neighborhood Assessment and Zoning Code Review
- Calera - Comprehensive Plan Update
- Chelsea - Major Street Plan, Zoning Ordinance and subdivision Regulation Update; Smart Code Overlay
- Fairfield - Comprehensive Plan
- Five Mile Creek - Strategic Plan for Implementation of the Trail Location Study
- Graysville – Master Plan Update
- Graysville - Form Based Code
- Irondale - U.S. 78 Corridor Study
- Leeds - Master Plan
- Montevallo - Development Regulations
- Vestavia Hills - Cahaba Heights Neighborhood Plan
- Vestavia Hills - U.S. 31 Redevelopment Plan
- Vestavia Hills - Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulation Update
Community Planning department provides a variety of services for member governments, including comprehensive community and county planning, downtown revitalization and neighborhood strategic planning, and Regional Mainstreet Programs. It also provides mapping and data services to our member governments. Read More »
Community planning can help manage change in your community in a way that provides better choices for how people live, work and play.
Community planning can help to improve and protect the natural environment while encouraging creative, quality land development to promote the health, safety and welfare of our citizens.
Community planning provides opportunities through the public process for all residents to be meaningfully involved in making choices that determine the future of their communities.
- Community workshop on comprehensive plan for future development in Gardendale set for tonight November 21, 2013 11:41 AM
- Trussville seeking final input on Downtown Master Plan: Here are the proposals September 9, 2013 9:46 AM
- Gardendale council to update master land use plan August 7, 2013 9:30 AM
- Montevallo's Main Street Improvement Project Gets Engineering Firm July 24, 2013 9:51 AM
- Pop-Up Project Bessemer is August 10! July 16, 2013 10:30 AM