The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham is in the process of creating a new Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy document entitled Think Forward: Economic Development. If you have an economic development project anywhere in the region, please fill out the 2013 Economic Development Project Form linked below; project categories include, but are not limited to: critical infrastructure, business retention and recruitment; workforce development; quality of life; human capital; and regional competitiveness.
The Regional Planning Commission of Greater Birmingham seeks to assist its communities in the production of an adaptive, emergent workforce and to foster an environment of cooperation, connectivity, and sustainability.
A well-marketed region with an atmosphere of pervasive cooperation, premier educational facilities and staff, an ample, employment-ready workforce, heavily-invested leadership, and an infrastructure network that is both highly connective and accessible.
- To foster regional cooperation.
- To develop and maintain a strong, competitive workforce.
- To promote relationships among the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- To establish a well-connected, accessible, multi-modal highway, freight and public transportation network.
- To provide optimal infrastructure in order to support current industries as well as attract new industries.
- To market and improve regional assets.
- To cultivate a competitive, attractive quality of life.
- Think Prosperity (1MB)