April 26th, 2012
The Clean Energy Conference was held at the Harbert Building at Birmingham-Southern College on April 26, 2012. The event had multiple speakers on clean energy and how it can affect us globally and locally. There were clean energy vehicles on display, vendor tables and a free emissions testing tent outside. The highlight of the day was the keynote speaker, Sid McAnally's presentation on the economy and the environment. The event had a great turnout and the RPCGB is already looking forward to next year's event. Special thanks to all the sponsors, speakers, and attendees.
Keynote Speaker: Robert S. "Sid" McAnnally
Vice President External Affairs for Energen and all Subsidiaries
Sid McAnnally joined Energen in 2009 and is responsible for Corporate Development and Strategic Planning, Economic Development, Governmental Affairs and Communications for the company and all subsidiaries, as well as the Energen Foundation. Prior to joining Energen, Sid was the Leader of the Governmental and Regulatory affairs Practice Group at Maynard, Cooper & Gale, P.C. where he represented financial and utility interests across the southeast.
Sid is active in a number of industry groups, including America's Natural Gas Alliance, the American Gas Association and the American Exploration and Production Council. He is a Director and former Chair of Leadership Alabama, a Director of Children's Hospital of Alabama, and has served on the boards of numerous civic and professional organizations. He is a graduate of Auburn University and the University of Alabama School of Law.
- NGV' s- Saving Alabamians' Money, Bob Strickland, ALAGASCO
- Propane Makes Good Cents!, Buddy Gamel, Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
- Energy Efficiency Training, Don Hull, WRATT
- Clean Energy from Alabama's Perspective, Kathy Hornsby, ADECA
- Biofuels...Moving Alabama Forward, Mark Bentley, Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition
- The E.V.'s Are Coming... Fast!, Robin White, Alabama Power
- Keynote, Sid McAnnally, Energen